Chipotle Spice Rub
This is a spice rub I alway keep around. I’ve used it on steaks and pork chops I grill for my husband, M, and sprinkle it vegetables, such as these red potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano (Mexican oregano in particular is a great choice here)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika (Pimenton de la Vera is by far my favorite)
- Combine all spices in the bowl of a mortar and pestle and lightly mash them together.
- Pour into a container and keep sealed. The spices will stay fresh for a couple of months.